Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Keep Your Hand at the Level of your Eyes...

Let me start by saying that I have absolutely no idea why that line is in this movie to begin with. I watched the Phantom of the Opera recently and let me say that it has the best soundtrack ever...well...because it's a musical. I really say this only because I am admittedly, a complete and total music nerd. It's natural then that when I watched this movie, I was paying absolutely no attention to what was actually happening in the story. I'm the kind of person who will go to see a musical, and direct all of his attention to what the orchestra is playing. Usually I have to see a musical 3 or 4 times before I actually understand what's going on in the story. This was no different. I'd seen it before and decided to watch it again, simply because my friends wanted to. It's a good story, not the usual love story that you find, but a much creepier one. It's not often you hear about some malformed guy living in a very luxurious um...sewer under an opera house. What's more, he falls in love with the new singer and decides it will be a good idea to kidnap her, and then start killing backstage hands until he convinces the owners of the opera house to put on the musical that he wrote. Kinda twisted, eh? But you can't help but feel sorry for him when he has to watch his lover Christine essentially proclaim her love to another man (gasp!). Essentially, the only real reason why i watch this movie to begin with is the fact that is has such a kick-ass soundtrack. Like I said, I'm a music nerd, so the music in something like this is really what makes it worthwhile for me. Unfortunately I have not yet been able to buy the actual soundtrack itself, but I hope to, cuz...it's awesome... ~PSH

6 comments:

SuperBade said...

I think the best way to respond to this is with a giant: YOU WOULD. (that's a joke). I (shamefully) have never seen the Phantom of the Opera, so nor have I heard the soundtrack. Would you really put it over every other musical ever made?

j.Irv said...

Were you there in like 8th or 9th grade when Madame Sands took us to see this movie. HAHAHAHA fun times with madame. The Phantom of the Opera is a pretty good movie but I would have to say its a bit long. To me this movie just went on and on and on. I would agree with you on one thing, the music was sick.

Preston said...

Bade, i wouldn't say that it's better than every other musical ever, but then again, i couldn't say that about any other musical either. meaning, they're all good in some ways. this one just happens to be one of my favorites...

Towey said...

nice writeup and yes YOU WOULD lolz. I agree though it has really good music, even though im not as big a music buff as you are, as in I only play guitar and you play over 2 dozen instruments, you can still appreciate it.

Optimus Prime said...

They say keep your hand the level of your eye so the Phantom can't put the noose around your neck. If your hand is in the way, he can't capture you. Obviously Raoul didn't abide by those rules.

Konner Johnson said...

Yo! I have to agree with you about the music in this movie. It's EPIC to say the least. Partically because it's a musical! im smart! anyway, good writeup sweet child O' mine! p.s. im smart!!