Monday, November 19, 2007

H-Bombs, Flaming women, Mike Hammer...oh my?

Ok, so if I told you that there existed a movie that included all of the above, regardless of the time when it was made and whether or not the plot made any sense whatsoever, you can't tell me you wouldn't be first in line to see that movie. I mean come on, all I would need to hear is that the guy's name is Mike Hammer. I think instead of classifying this as Film Noir, I would instead call it a classic "guy movie." It pretty much fits the stereotype doesn't it? Lots of women, (though sometimes I really wished Velda would take a shower or...wipe her face off with a towel...she always looked so sweaty...it was gross) fast action, a main character who doesn't take any shit from anyone about anything, and to top it all of, that mysterious glowing box with the ability to burn a mans wrist from only a few seconds of contact. As far as the actual story behind this movie, don't expect me to be able to explain it to you. I have no idea what was going on. I basically got that there was a girl who was in trouble, and Mike Hammer needed to figure out why. And the whole thing ended in death. The End. Despite what others mike think, I really enjoyed this movie. It made me laugh at times, just because of how ridiculous it got. Overall, good movie.

No comments: